Since several weeks I constantly did keep you curious for the second big DICE-update with little snippets of pics and videos in which you could barely see any detail. Now it is time: I tested it all extensively, pimped a DICE for a photoshoot and published all the data including the changelog to the dropbox-folder, like always.
With the last small update on the z-plane there comes light into the DICE now.
To light the printarea, I did a small update on the z-plane. Now, there are 2 little 10mm wide notches to let wires through. Or, if you want, a small COB-LED directly.
When equipping the DICE with the new Magnetic interchangeable printheads for the DICE, there comes the "problem" how to get two different extruder-motors to run with this setup easily. Because, depending on which extruder is going to get used to print, the corresponding stepper motor has to be controlled with the matching stepper driver.
Who knows my video from 2015, where I show off a magnetic hotend changer for the sparkcube, you are going to have a Déjà-vu now. I made a very similar system to change the printhead for the tiny printer DICE.